Graduate School Events and News Center
- Graduate School Newsletter |
- Watch: Graduate Study at The University of Alabama
- How Graduate Education Builds the Knowledge Economy in Alabama? - by Dean Francko | Watch in QuickTime (50MB) | Windows Media Player (89MB) | View brochure.
- Deadline for submitting a nomination for the 2013 K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award is October, 1, 2012. The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award recognizes graduate students who show exemplary promise as future leaders of higher education; who demonstrate a commitment to developing academic and civic responsibility in themselves and others; and whose work reflects a strong emphasis on teaching and learning.
- Blake Bedsole
joins Graduate School at the Director of Graduate Recruitment.
Blake is a two-time graduate of The University of Alabama. He
earned his B.S. in Psychology in 2003 and M.A. in Higher Education
Administration in 2006. Prior to joining the Graduate School,
Blake worked in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at UA and
then as the Director of Admissions and Student Services for the
Manderson Graduate School of Business. Blake can be reached at
Background Check for Hiring Graduate Student Employees:
As a matter of routine, UA obtains criminal background reports on many of its employees. Effective March 2012, this will be extended to all graduate student employees including hourly paid and short-term appointments. The
formal policy is published online. No hire can now be made without a successful criminal background check.
Training sessions have been scheduled during March, and staff involved in the graduate student hiring process are required to attend. Additionally, any faculty or staff not directly involved in hiring may also attend these sessions. For more information please contact
John Chambers - Feb 28, 2012.
- In 2011-12, the Graduate School has once again partnered with
Crimson Tide Sports Marketing to highlight the ties between high-quality athletics at UA and high-quality graduate education. Each year, approximately 20 UA intercollegiate athletes have not only graduated with their undergraduate degrees but are actively pursuing their Master’s degree. The 2009 National Championship footbalI team alone had 11 graduate student members.
- The 2011-12 videos, produced by Rick Dowling in the Faculty Resource Center, run 30-seconds each, feature wide receiver
Brandon Gibson, gymnast Morgan Dennis, and women’s softball star
Kelsi Dunne, and will be broadcast before all intercollegiate athletic events at Bryant-Denny Stadium, Coleman Coliseum, and Rhoads Stadium, as well as all 38
Crimson Tide This Week television broadcasts in 2011-12, a commercial during this year’s pay-for-view football telecast, and on the rolltide.com website. You can get a sneak peek at these videos here:
Brandon Gibson & Morgan Dennis and
Kelsi Dunne. - August 26, 2011.
- UA Graduate School up and running and here to help - May 2, 2011
- Scholarship Payments to Needy Students - May 2, 2011
- Six Tougaloo
College Alumnae: Soaring High and Making Strides at the University
of Alabama - April 21, 2011
- Day of Silence Events Call Attention to Anti-LGBTQ Harassment - April 15, 2011
GA Positions Available - Feb 2011
- UA Doctoral Programs Rank High Nationally - October 2010
- Kick off Event was held for the new academic year 2010-11 by hosting a swim party: organized by
Graduate Parent Support - August 20, 2010.
UA Receives Federal Grants to Enhance Quality and Diversity of Graduate Students - June 25, 2010
- Graduate Parent Support (GPS) is new website for graduate students with children.
- Writing boot camp for graduate students - Mar 26, 2010
- Deadline for
Australian Sholarship application is September 30, 2010.